Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence A Solberg Jr
Dr. Lawrence A Solberg Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology, Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Solberg is affiliated with St Vincents Medical Center Riverside, Memorial Hospital Jacksonville and Baptist Medical Center Beaches. Dr. Solberg has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence A Solberg Jr has the following 3 specialties
A hematology specialist is an expert in disorders of the blood, the blood forming organs and bone marrow. These doctors diagnose, treat and work to prevent diseases that affect the production of blood and its components, as well as the ability of the blood to perform its many functions, such as coagulation and carrying oxygen to the lungs and tissue.
Hematologists diagnose and treat blood disorders, such as anemia, hemophilia, leukemia, sickle cell anemia, deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Depending on the condition, hematology specialists may treat a patient with a blood transfusion, stem cell transplantation, bone marrow transplant, radiotherapy, anticoagulation therapy or medication.
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Polycythemia Vera
- Blood Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- High Platelet Count (Thrombocytosis)
Showing 5 of 9
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Solberg is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. Lawrence A Solberg Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLawrence Arthur Solberg Jr Md, 3827 Coopers Lake Rd, Jacksonville, FL
Dr. Lawrence A Solberg Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.