Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence C Swan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
My mom husband and I have went to Dr.Swan many years.He has been a great support to us through many problems.He listens and asks what else is going on in your life as if he senses something is causing your health problem.He help me he through my mother in law Alzheimer's and my dad's cancer just by talking and listening to me.HE MAY NOT BE PERFECT BUT HE'S THE CLOSEST ONE I FOUND THAT REALLY CARES.HE IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF OUR FAMILY.
Dr. Swan was my Dr. 16 yrs. ago when my son was born. He was assigned to us as his pediatrition after he was born and became our family practitioner for many years. Due to insurance changes we were forced to move on. Dr. Swan does not like to take on new insurances in order to keep his patients, what did that tell me about him? Not a lot of loyalty there. He is a good M.D. and a very nice man but he has his strange ways. I wish he would consider conforming into the modern society and not be so old school. I need a new Doctor.
As other have said, the wait time here is long, but Dr. Swan is really great. He is kind, caring and takes time with his patients. My only complaint is that the office manager is not very nice. She made me cry once. I thought about changing doctors, but decided to overlook her and stay with Dr. Swan because he is one of the best doctors that I have found in the area.
Dr. Swan is a very nice doctor. However, his staff is very rude. There are 2 medical assistants who call themselves 'nurses' who are very rude. They think they know everything when in fact they know very little. The office manager claims to be a christian, however she cusses like a sailor and is very rude. She is more concerned with firing as many people as she can because she likes having the power to do it. The wait time here is awful. Expect about a 2 hour wait. They seem to care more about money than they do patient care. Dr Swan is very nice, but he needs to clean house with all his rude staff.
33 Years Experience
East Tennessee State University James H Quillen College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
Dr. Lawrence C Swan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCovenant Family Medicine, 2620 Westside Dr NW, Cleveland, TN
Dr. Lawrence C Swan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cleveland, TN.