Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence R Swink has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 17
I have been a patient of Dr Swink for about 5 years. He takes the time to explain things to you and answers your questions in a thorough and friendly manner. He is easy to talk to and makes you feel comfortable. It is easy to make an appointment with him and the waiting time is usually about 15 minutes. I recommended Dr Swink to some friends and they love him.
As a long time patient of Dr Swink I have come to know that there is often a trade off of "promtness" as is pertains to your appointment time in large part because Dr Swink is willing to spend the time necessary with a patient to do a good job, not always the 15 minutes allowed by the standards of modern medical practice. Dr Swink is as close to an old time Family doctor who puts each patient needs ahead of the quantity of people pushed through the office. I am willing to trade a little waiting time while he helps others knowing that I will not be rushed when my turn arrives! Quality of care over quantity of people moved thru the office is rare in todays medical practice.
44 Years Experience
University of Maryland
Graduated in 1974
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions5450 Knoll North Dr, Columbia, MD
Dr. Lawrence R Swink is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbia, MD.