Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Lawrence V Tucker has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
Dr. Lawrence V Tucker has the following 15 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Psychotic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Dual Diagnosis
Dr. Lawrence V Tucker has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 60
Dr. Lawrence Tucker's superior medical training, coupled with his keen diagnostic ability, make him highly effective in prescribing the best treatment and medications needed to bring his patients to their full potential. He does not propose a quick fix approach, but rather a deliberate, long-term plan that moves forward carefully and methodically so his patients can make genuine progress that will last a lifetime. His empathy and gentle demeanor are non-threatening, which allows his patients to be relaxed and open to his suggestions and insights regarding their psychological welfare and treatment. He is truly an exceptional doctor well suited to his profession and also a man of compassion who makes a strong, positive impact on the lives of his patients.
What a wonderful doctor! After years of seeing doctors, naturopaths, and counselors who were not helpful at all, I am beyond grateful I found the doctors at the Amen Clinic. Dr Tucker read my SPECT scans and diagnosed me with adult ADD. He helped to create a potentially life-changing plan that not only includes medication, but a tailored eating, supplement and exercise program. Dr. Tucker also suggested the type of psychotherapy that he felt would benefit me. I am excited about all the positive changes that have already happened, and I know I am on the path realizing my full potential as a mother, wife, friend and daughter, even though I am in my middle years. Thank-you!
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
- University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Ucla Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsNatasha L Demaio Md, 4000 MacArthur Blvd Ste 600, Newport Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence V Tucker, MD - Psychiatry in Newport Beach, CA, in this video.
Dr. Lawrence V Tucker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.