Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence Vidaver has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lawrence Vidaver has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Lawrence Vidaver has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 25
My entire experience with Doctor Vidaver was terrible. Despite showing up to my appointment on time, it took three hours to see the doctor, this included the doctor leaving his rounds to eat lunch. I had to sit the entire time in a waiting room surrounded by shady people talking about going there to just get pain pills. Upon finally meeting him, he began a bizarre lecture about Italy being superior to the United States and how Italian food and water is better than American food and water. When it came to discussing my medical issues, he was curt, rude and told me that he was surprised that I was married and had kids because I was overweight. It was so ridiculous that it felt like I was being set up on candid camera. Go somewhere else.
i have been a patient of Dr. Vidavers for about a year and a half now and i have to say he is probably the most thorough doc that I've ever been to. he does have an unusually long wait time, (like 2-3 hours per visit) but i would say its usually worth it. He takes his time with you and covers everything. he does have a habit of carrying on about crazy issues like the his time studying under a monk or his studies in Canada and Italy, but he does eventually get to the matter at hand. I've found if you can get him to cut to the chase he kind of gets the hint and stops ranting on. He is a very intelligent man and has no problem flaunting it. He has gotten my health back on the right track as far as my blood pressure and actually getting me to trying to quit smoking. Overall he has been a great influence on me and has gotten me thinking about things that i would of just not payed any attention to if it wasn't for him taking the time to make me understand the importance of certain things. I will continue to see him as my family practitioner for years to come. I've even refereed my wife to him.
Dr. Vidaver is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Greater Baltimore Medical Center
Dr. Lawrence Vidaver accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
Locations & DirectionsLawrence Vidaver Md, 1414 Crain Hwy N Ste 6A, Glen Burnie, MD
Dr. Lawrence Vidaver is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Burnie, MD.