Dr. Lawrence Vidaver Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence Vidaver?

Awful doctor

My entire experience with Doctor Vidaver was terrible. Despite showing up to my appointment on time, it took three hours to see the doctor, this included the doctor leaving his rounds to eat lunch. I had to sit the entire time in a waiting room surrounded by shady people talking about going there to just get pain pills. Upon finally meeting him, he began a bizarre lecture about Italy being superior to the United States and how Italian food and water is better than American food and water. When it came to discussing my medical issues, he was curt, rude and told me that he was surprised that I was married and had kids because I was overweight. It was so ridiculous that it felt like I was being set up on candid camera. Go somewhere else.

Dr.Vidaver is very thoruogh but very slow. His staff is very rude and uncaring. If you let him, he will ramble on and on about stuff that has nothing to do with your visit. He is one of those doctorsz that knkows everything and you cant tell him hes wrong.

I have been seeing Dr Vidaver for over 15 years! He is very kind and really cares about his patients which can cause You wait to be longer than expected due to him making sure ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS & NEEDS are met!! The staff is wonderful and the office is very clean!!

my view on vidaver

i have been a patient of Dr. Vidavers for about a year and a half now and i have to say he is probably the most thorough doc that I've ever been to. he does have an unusually long wait time, (like 2-3 hours per visit) but i would say its usually worth it. He takes his time with you and covers everything. he does have a habit of carrying on about crazy issues like the his time studying under a monk or his studies in Canada and Italy, but he does eventually get to the matter at hand. I've found if you can get him to cut to the chase he kind of gets the hint and stops ranting on. He is a very intelligent man and has no problem flaunting it. He has gotten my health back on the right track as far as my blood pressure and actually getting me to trying to quit smoking. Overall he has been a great influence on me and has gotten me thinking about things that i would of just not payed any attention to if it wasn't for him taking the time to make me understand the importance of certain things. I will continue to see him as my family practitioner for years to come. I've even refereed my wife to him.

Great, caring Doctor.

I've been seeing Dr. Vidaver for about 9-10 years, and he has always treated me with respect, and cares about my whole health. I will continue to see him as long as he is in practice!

Patient

Dr. Vidaver is a much better doctor than the previous reviews I have read. I went to Dr.Vidaver due to the fact that I had PAC insurance through the State and my previous primary care was not willing to work with me in any regard and had me so over medicated it was insane. I have multiple health problems. Dr Vidaver was able to work with my insurance, and also get me off of several unnecessary medications. He listened and took his time. It takes a little getting used to his quirky way, but I have had much worse care!! His secretary keeps things in order. When I express concern about another secretary regarding a HIPPA violation the matter had already been addressed (She was let go). Maybe a few of the reviews I read are the people who didn't get the medicine that they were abusing. Also, how in the world would someone even know if a secretary was doing the unthinkable stated regarding prescriptions unless they were involved somehow???

Quack

Don't know how he has a license to be a doctor. Almost every patient is over prescribed narcotics or suboxone. Patients in the waiting room openly discuss how they just see him for narcotics and are afraid to let him know what is really wrong with him.

One of the good doctors

Very few doctors care about their patients, and Dr. Vidaver really does. Waiting time seemed a bit long, but when I was with him, he gave me all the time I needed. I am staying with him!

Wait, then go to Sinai

Dr.Vidaver is the slowest doctor I've ever met. You wait in his office for hours for him to see you, then he spends an excessive amount of time talking about his schooling in italy, and of other unrelated topics. And finally, although his office is located about a half-mile from Baltimore Washington Medical Center he sends you to Sinai hospital which is about 40-50 mins from his office. If you need an appointment earlier than the one that you set, for whatever reason, the staff is rude and uncaring, because Dr.Vidaver consistently overbooks patients.

Will never go back

Went in for a routine physical and had to wait 4 hours to be seen. He actually sat down in his office and ate his lunch even having patients in his office (me) that had been waiting 3 hours or more since their appointment time. Once inside he did nothing but try to give me a lecture on how screwed up the food system is in our country. Has a very uncomfortable bedside manner and spoke to me like I was a child asking me about whether my parents let me do certain things at home. Hello? I am 30, divorced and live alone. I will never go back. I wasted an entire day off sitting in his office where people were throwing up in the trash cans and people were coming in and out for narcotics. Due to his mannerisms I never rally had the opportunity to explain the problems I was having.

I trust him

Takes the time to figure out the problem and to explain it.