Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lawrence W Adler has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Lawrence W Adler has the following 14 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Lawrence W Adler is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Been going to this office for some years now and now that Adler is the only one that sees patients there now, it's a clown show. Can't get an appointment until after 2. Even when you get there for your appointment time, you will still wait for an hour to be seen by him because he is more interested in everything around him.
I saw Dr Adler twice in 2008 - I waited 2 hours the first time and 3 the second (I'm not exaggerating). When I asked if such long wait times were common, the desk staff advised me to consider seeing a PN if I minded waiting. I've since been seeing a PN but am currently looking for a new practice. I don't feel like my PN listens to me, the staff (except for one gal) is incompetent, unhelpful, and uninterested; they talk to patients liks they're scolding children. Calling for a prescription refill is a nightmarish hassle. They don't return calls, offer assistance with anything, and if they receive a refill request from your pharmacy, they ignore it. Ridiculous. Racket. Beware.
Not a good practice to say the best. My doctor couldn't care less about me. I had a difficult period with depression and I called the office to see when I could speak with my doctor (NP actually) and was told I couldn't, but I should go to the ER if I thought I might harm myself. Outside of a monthly visit for meds, they want nothing to do with you. When I switched to them when my old doctor retired, they did no testing, no blood tests, nothing other than to continue the same meds plan I said I was on, without any further blood tests to make sure my liver was surviving the medications. If you just want meds, and don't care if your liver explodes, then by all means go here. But if you want true medical help, go elsewhere. I'm not going back.
42 Years Experience
University Of Maryland School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Sheppard Pratt Health System
Dr. Lawrence W Adler accepts the following insurance providers.
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsClinical Insights, 7310 Ritchie Hwy Ste 512, Glen Burnie, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lawrence W Adler in this video.
Dr. Lawrence W Adler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Burnie, MD.