Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence Wieland
Dr. Lawrence Wieland, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Eureka, CA. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Wieland is affiliated with Saint Joseph Hospital - General Hospital Campus, Redwood Memorial Hospital and St. Joseph Hospital - Eureka. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence Wieland has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Wieland provided me with the worst medical experience that I have ever had. He refused to give me an MRI after 3 separate visits to his office regarding the same joint injury over a 6 week period of time. I requested a referral to an orthopedic clinic on at least 4 occasions, both in person and over the telephone. Each time he flat out refused and accused me of exaggerating my shoulder injury, which had restricted my shoulder movement to about 20% of normal. My condition did not improve at all over this period of time, and I made this known. His reasoning for not providing me with an MRI or referral was that he did not believe that I was seriously injured. I had to fly 750 miles away to see my old orthopedic doctor. As it turns out, I had a partially torn rotator cuff as well as a completely torn and detached labrum, requiring surgery and over 6 months of rehabilitation. Dr. Wieland is a terrible physician, he was unkind, extremely condescending and un-fit for medical practice.
Dr. Wieland is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Saint Joseph Hospital - General Hospital Campus
Redwood Memorial Hospital
St. Joseph Hospital - Eureka
40 Years Experience
University of Iowa
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Lawrence Wieland accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions2350 Buhne St, Eureka, CA
Dr. Lawrence Wieland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Eureka, CA.