More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lawrence D Wilkerson
Dr. Lawrence D Wilkerson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bryn Mawr, PA. He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology and Pediatrics. He speaks English.
Dr. Lawrence D Wilkerson has the following 2 specialties
- Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Lawrence D Wilkerson has the following 12 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Lawrence D Wilkerson has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lawrence D Wilkerson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I am a 12-year patient of Dr. Wilkerson. The naysayers within this forum have no credibility in my opinion. Take it from a long-term patient: Dr. Doug Wilkerson is the type of professional that has maintained an impeccable reputation and trustrworthy repertoire with patient after patient over the years. He first treated my oldest sister in the early 80s for dizzy spells. Despite a hiatus with him, he was my go-to physician (per my mother's recommendation) nearly 20 years later in 2004. Class act, open to patient opinion, and above all-- a nice fellow who isn't afraid to express his caring opinion. This guy is a champ! He cares about your future, and it's palpable from the point at which you let him into your life just a bit.
49 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Lawrence D Wilkerson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Locations & DirectionsLawrence Douglas Wilkerson Md, 830 Old Lancaster Rd Ste 309, Bryn Mawr, PA
Dr. Lawrence D Wilkerson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bryn Mawr, PA.