Dr. Lawrence J Winikur Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Lawrence J Winikur?

no compassion

He found out i got a seciind opinion and refused to even talk to me. I was in his office and he just walked out. No compassion for the fact I have been in serious pain. He acted like a child. He just wants the money he collects from the insurance companies. I have never encounter an adult who behaves like this, let alone a doctor.

Deserves less then half a star

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. His staff is extremely rude and if you try to leave and go to another Pain doctor they will bad talk about you so no other doctor will see you. STAY AWAY from this practice. Only hope the state pulls his medical license.

Uncaring

This Dr. put me on Klonopin for 4 yrs. and now refuses to see me to wean me off of it. I have Worker's Comp but am having problems with them paying for my visits right now. I called to make an appt. to pay out of pocket but was told that he would not see me at all. This is unacceptable, uncaring and very unprofessional. I would not recommend anyone going to this Dr. who pretends to care so much.

was turned away?!

I got there over an hour early for my first appointment to fill out paperwork. Payed and started filling out papers. 10 mins before my appointment time the reception lady comes out and asks if I was done. I had 2 more things to sign so I said almost. She huffed and informed me that I would have to reschedule my appointment. WHAT?! I still have 10 mins until my appointment time. Why do we have to reschedule? My mind is blown here. She was very rude and said I shouldn't have taken so long to fill out the papers. WHAT?! I am still technically 10 minutes early for my appointment!! Ok.... so we reschedule because I'm so dumbfounded, I don't know what else to do. I'm thinking ok so I have to wait a few days or a week... ok. NO! THEY RESCHEDULE IT FOR OVER A MONTH! WHAT!!! I needed to see him because I'm in PAIN!! You want me to wait a month !?!? That is cruel. I feel like I'm being tortured!

Dropped me

Due to my mothers illness, and death, I had to put off appts. It was more than a year that I didn't see him, which was my pain not his. Because of this he dropped me as a patient. I had been happy with him until then, but can not understand how he could be so heartless.

First visit was okay. He was very interestedin what wa wrong with me, but failed to actually DO anything about it. I had to have a urinalysis before he would write my medication which was fine, but it was already 5pm and the Hospital lab closed at 5:30 .. his office closed at 6. There wasn't enough time to do what he wanted. So he did manage to write one script so that I wouldn't be out. I made it to the lab and had the urinalysis done, which I was NOT afraid to take. I called the next Monday, since this was on a Friday, and made an appointment. It wound up to where I couldn't make the appointment that day, so I called him and told I would be unable to make this appointment and was told in a very nice way that if I ever needed him again, don't hesitate to call. Well I did need him again in a year or so, so I did as he told me and did so. I was told to hold for a minute and I did. The receptionist came back on the line and I was told that Dr. Winikur would NOT SEE ME. Plus they would NOT give me a reason at all as to why. This has been several years ago but I doubt he's changed any at all or if he has, he's a surprise to me. I hope this helps someone out there. I know I will never call and ask to see him again. Stay safe and good luck in finding a pain management doctor I know I'm not having much luck and I have to find one SOON since the laws have changed..

DR WINKUR ,,,,,,, THANK YOU!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LISTENING AND CARING ABOUT ME AND MY FAMILY THAT IS ALSO A PATIENT OF YOUR , I STILL HAVE MANY BAD DAYS AND I KNOW KNOW NOW THAT I JUST CANT MOVE THE EARTH IN ONE DAY , YOU HAVE ALWAYS LISTENED AND BEEN SO GREAT BY MY CALLS , WHEN I CALL IN , CARRIE ROCKS AS THE REST OF YOUR STAFF !! MY WISHE FOR YOU AND YOUR STAFF IS GREAT HEALTH AND HAPPINESS FOR 2012 ! GOD BLESS YOU GUYS!

BEST PAIN DOCTOR EVER

DR. WINIKUR IS FUNNY,EXPERIENCED, AND WILLING TO HELP YOU WITH YOUR PAIN. HE LISTENS AND TRULY WANTS TO GET YOU BACK TO YOUR NORMAL LIFE FUNCTIONS. MY INJECTION WAS A GOD SEND TO MY PAIN, AND MY FLAIR UPS ARE CONTROLLED BY INJECTIONS WHEN NEEDED.

Caring With Humor

Dr. Larry is one of the best doctors it has been my priviledge to know. He stays up to date on new medical developments, discussed all the options with his patients, and gives the patient the power of choice of treatment.He has a sweet manner, coupled with an off-the-wall sense of humor. At the same time, he makes the patient take responsibiltiy for their actions regarding their meds.In order to become a patient of Dr. Winikur, you have to agree and sign a Statement of Responsibility, in that you will not abuse your meds, sell them or give them away. In addition, you agree to have all your prescriptions filled at only ONE pharmacy.He is rated tops in my book, and I give him and his office staff my highest rating.

We referred a patient to Dr. Winikur. His process is to review patient records before scheduling an appointment. I had to call the office two weeks after sending the referral to see if an appointment had been scheduled, only to find out that he did not want to see our patient. His office staff should have called us to tell us this. He also gave no reason for not wanting to see our patient and they were also unwilling to give us anyone else's name in the area who may see for this condition. Very poor customer service.

Glad to treat with a great doctor

It's nice to deal with a doctor that knows what he is doing, and cares just the same with the equivalent staff that has the same pride in patient care.

Doctor seems rushed during appointments, leaving little or no time for discussion. Scheduling appointments when needed is very difficult.