Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Le-Chu C Su
Dr. Le-Chu C Su, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winter Park, FL, with other offices in Orlando, FL and Orlando, FL (and 1 other location). She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Le-Chu C Su has 4 locations
7251 University Blvd Ste 100
Winter Park, FL 32792
9975 Tavistock Lakes Blvd
Orlando, FL 32827
Book Online Now
Dr. Le-Chu C Su has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Le-Chu C Su has the following 18 expertise
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Postgastrectomy Syndromes
- Crohn's Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Malabsorption Syndromes
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Microscopic Colitis
Showing 3 of 3
Worth the wait
Self-verified patient of Dr. Le-Chu C Su - Posted on March 27th, 2014
Waste of time
Self-verified patient of Dr. Le-Chu C Su - Posted on November 6th, 2013
What a waste of time! I went for a second opinion and for 2 hours I heard about the "real sick " patients Dr. Su has treated and saved. My medical issues were "bread and butter" problems that any competent GI doctor could treat. She insinuated that my "Community doctors" were incompetent and that my long term bleeding was a minor problem (hem of 6.4 and severe iron deficiency) and should be of little concern. I was told that I should be grateful that I do not have cancer or other serious illness. Blood transfusions and iron supplements will help me to feel better. Finally she gave me a diagnosis of possible diverticulae (sp?) bleeding and told me to go to ER when there is active bleeding. She told me to stop worrying; there are many more people with more serious medical problems, in other words, put on your big girl panties and deal with it! Sorry Dr. Su, but I will stick with my Community hick doctors that I have in Akron!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Le-Chu C Su - Posted on February 13th, 2013
30 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Metrohealth Medical Center
Dr. Le-Chu C Su Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Le-Chu C Su
Le-Chu Su, MD, PhD, CPNS, is a Staff physician in the Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Cleveland Clinic's main campus. Dr. Su received her medical degree from Case Western Reserve University and completed her internship, residency and a Fellowship at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland. She also received a PhD from Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and University of Minnesota in Twin Cities, Minnesota. Dr. Su is a Diplomat in Gastroenterology for the American Board of Internal Medicine, a Diplomat in Internal Medicine for the American Board of Internal Medicine, in addition to being a Diplomat as a Physician Nutrition Specialist for the American Board of Physician Nutrition Specialists. Dr. Su's specialty interests include celiac disease, short bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease and malabsorption.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Le-Chu C Su, MD - Gastroenterology in Winter Park, FL, in this video.
Dr. Le-Chu C Su is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Winter Park, FL.