Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leah F Adams has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 71
I was incorrectly billed by this office. When I called to address the issue, wanna-be MR. Dr Adams, was rude and belittling. Ultimately realizing he was in the wrong, said the bill was erased as it was preventative care. Then bills me again. Guess what, 5 phone calls later and MR. Doctor Adams can't be reached, he's not working today, he just left.... Apparently we are flagged in power hungry Dr Adam's system. My son was denied care TWICE since this incident. UNETHICAL??? I'd say so. Time to file a complaint with the State Medical Board. I'd be remiss if I neglected to mention the manipulative liars posing as useful office staff. If you're a new patient, they'll keep you on hold forever, waiting for another fool to pick up line as they have no desire to ask and enter your insurance data. Even better, say they're going to 'transfer' your call, then hang up. I suppose I can't blame them- attitude is the reflection of leadership.
It is unfortunate that Dr Adams allows her staff, to include her RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL, husband, to run her office as poorly as they...and they ABSOLUTELY DO run the office SO POORLY - completely dysfunctional environment. I have been witness to office staff arguments, involving the doctors husband, who is the office manager - SO UNPROFESSIONAL. The practice is a nightmare, the wait time (phone and office waiting room, AND exam room) is totally unacceptable - HOURS long, no exaggeration. I would never recommend this doctor. Find another doctor, don't waste your time.
My mother was a patient of hers for a while. I remember her saying that her staff was absolutely incompetent and took forever to do simple tasks ... my father, rightfully so, was aggravated by this and often implored them to do their job and do it properly, which eventually angered the doctor herself ... so in retaliation she dropped my mother as a patient. We're now asking to receive my mother's medical records so that they can be given to her new, much better doctor ... she sent them letters for the request instead. This is ridiculous. Do not bother with this woman or her staff, (whom I've heard are in fact her family members, which frankly doesn't surprise me) she is an awful, true S.O.B
The office staff is terrible, Doctor Adams likes to tell you more about her health problems than you as the patient... I was charged to have my health records sent to her even though it didn't cost her anything.... Was also charged over $100.00 for a doctor visit!!! This office is truly the worst! Do not waste your time.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
23 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1995
Rhode Island Hospital
Dr. Leah F Adams accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLeah Frances Adams Md, 450 Veterans Memorial Pkwy Ste 12, East Providence, RI
Dr. Leah F Adams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Providence, RI.