Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leah A Darak has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 37
I've been seeing Dr Darak on and off for about 4 years now. She saw me through multiple miscarriages (and helped me cope on both a physical and emotional level) before I left to see a fertility specialist. When I finally had a viable pregnancy, I switched to their midwifery group for prenatal care (for no other reason than because I wanted to do a natural delivery). I had the baby 2+ years after I left her care. After I had the baby and I was in the hospital, Dr Darak saw my name on the hospital list and called me in my hospital room to say hello and congratulate me. I found that to be so thoughtful and touching for a Dr to do.
I love Dr. Darak. I've always had anxiety when it came to doctors and I'm so glad i chose her! She cares about her patients and goes above and beyond to make sure i understand what's going on and that we are both on the same page! When it comes time for the actual exam, she keeps conversation and distracts me from what she is actually doing (so grateful for this so i don't even have a chance to overthink anything or get anxious). It goes by super quick, but she is very thorough! I highly recommend her to anyone! Very kind and extremely knowledgable!
I love Dr. Darak! I have been going to her for over fifteen years. She always goes above and beyond for me. She is patient and kind and really cares about your well being. She takes much pride in her work and it shows. I trust her whole heartedly and have referred many of my friends and family to her, all who in which feel the same way and so happy they found her. I would highly recommend her to others. She is absolutely wonderful!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2009)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
27 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Leah A Darak accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leah A Darak in this video.
Dr. Leah A Darak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bridgeport, CT.