Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leah C Tonkin
Dr. Leah C Tonkin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Memphis, TN, with another office in Memphis, TN. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Tonkin is affiliated with Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown Hospital and Baptist Memorial Hospital For Women. Dr. Tonkin has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Leah C Tonkin has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Leah C Tonkin has the following 25 expertise
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Pelvic Pain
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Menstrual Pain
- Adolescent Medicine
- Leiomyoma (Smooth Muscle Tumor)
- Ovarian Cysts
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
Dr. Leah C Tonkin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
She is a great Dr. and also a great person... She always has time to make sure she covers all of your problems. I would recommend her to anyone that needs a ob/gyn. Her staff is friendly and takes care of you needs to help your visit go great...
I've gone to Dr. Tonkin for a few years now and I cannot see myself changing gynecologist anytime soon. She's so caring and passionate about her job. Dr. Tonkin is prompt, but definitely takes the time out to answer and take care of all concerns her patients may have. We all know that going to our annual exams is most often dreaded, but I can honestly say that once I get there the friendly staff, patients, and Dr. Tonkin make the visit a breeze!
Dr. Tonkin has made me feel so comfortable. She is more like talking to a friend than a doctor. I would recommend her to anyone. I was having so many problems and my previous doctor's office made me feel like it was just me. Dr. Tonkin took the time to figure out what was really happening. She is wonderful.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Tonkin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Leah C Tonkin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Leah C Tonkin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Memphis, TN.