Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leanne Swenson
Dr. Leanne Swenson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salt Lake City, UT. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Swenson is affiliated with Salt Lake Regional Medical Center TCU and Primary Children's Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Leanne Swenson has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
- Addison Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
I moved to utah recently. I'm in search of an Endo since I have type 1 and thyroid issue. I call to make an appt an am told dr. Swenson doesn't see diabetics. Ok, what? So another dr there does. Ok so I try to make an appt with him. They will not make an appt without a dr referral and a1c level blood work! What?! I've had diabetes since 1995 - pretty sure since there's no cure I still have it. Wth?! Stupid. Finding someone else now.
Even though I have high Thyroid Antibodies, Dr. Swenson rejected our referral because we are also suffering from infertility. WHAT? That's so rude. Regardless of the infertility, I still have high TgAb. Very devastating to be turned down to even be seen! Totally lame. Obviously doesn't care about patients.
Dr. Swenson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Leanne Swenson accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIhc Health Services, 333 S 900 E, Salt Lake City, UT
Dr. Leanne Swenson is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.