Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leeann A Swanson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I would not recommend Dr. Swanson - or the UPMC/Magee office for that matter. I've had some medical issues over the past year that have resulted in my calling the office with questions, looking for guidance from my doctor as to what I should do. I have NEVER received a call back from her - I have to make an appointment just to have a discussion with an MD. Sometimes the office staff will attempt to answer questions, despite their lack of qualifications. This is concerning in and of itself because on two occasions, the responses that I've received were fundamentally incorrect. I fear that they are dishing out unqualified advice to others who will take their word.I've had to follow up several times after never receiving a response back - and always only get as far as a nurse. Most frustrating is that the typical answer I get is "I don't know". Just last week after my THIRD call in 5 days trying to get in touch with my doctor, a nurse responded to my question with "Its just part of being a woman". WHAT?? This is completely unacceptable and terrible practice - not to mention extremely dangerous.Upon my final follow-up with the doctor this morning, when I was supposed to pick up two scripts for lab work to be taken at separate dates, even the scripts were messed up. I received one without specifications on them - no information from the office staff, and the two nurses who were consulted (in front of the entire waiting room) shrugged without any information or help they could provide. And, unsurprisingly, the doctor was not available today, but they said they could have her follow up with me... I won't hold my breath. Moving on to find a new OB/GYN who cares for her patients and wants to help women with our health concerns.
she had a bad attitude and makes terrible remark. She fail to inform me that while going for prenatal check up that I only need to go for a pap smear once. I went twice in same calendar year. That insurance did not pay for it. I had to pay a lot of money. When I inform her about it, she did not care.
35 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Ohio State University Medical Center
Dr. Leeann A Swanson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWomens Care Associates, 1300 Oxford Dr Ste 2C, Bethel Park, PA
Dr. Leeann A Swanson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bethel Park, PA.