Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lee A Berk has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Berk takes his time, especially with new patients, to obtain as complete and accurate profile of the patient as is possible. He will review past history, including family history, and current state of health. That some wait times are extended attests to Dr. Berk's thoroughness and his desire to serve his patients in the best possible way.
my first visit with this doctor was this man is crazy instead of trying to make he feel comfortable he is the total opposit he is rude like i said i dont like doctor to begin with but he just confirmed my feeling he said to me on my first visit that i was going to die i really think that someone shouldreport him i have other health issues but really dont want to go see him. i also waited that day for 4 hrs. to see him and for him to say that to me was crazy
My initial meeting with dr. berk did drive me to lose 80lbs. I think he could have been more courteous and not ask me the following question in our first meeting..."How does it feel to be thought of as a monster when I walk down the street?" I thought his comment was rude and uncalled for it is not the right approach to take with a patient. Other than that episode he was okay at best. I have been paranoid to make an appointment to see about a possible hernia I may have developed recently because of his rudeness to prejudge.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
33 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Lee A Berk accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMontefiore Medical Group, 1010 Central Park Ave, Yonkers, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lee A Berk in this video.
Dr. Lee A Berk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yonkers, NY.