Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Lee R Bittenbender has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. Lee R Bittenbender has the following 11 expertise
- Skin Cancer
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
Dr. Lee R Bittenbender has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Lee R Bittenbender is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 14
My son is a college student, new to Kansas. In the first week of living there, he developed fever and hives. This has been ongoing for over a month and he's seen four doctors. The last emergency room doctor sent him to Dr Bittenbender. He spent five minutes on my son and told him to take Claritin . He did not listen to the history, the meds he's been on, the fact that he requested a thyroid test as per his regular physician here at home (follow up needed, because he suspected a problem). This doctor quickly dismissed him and sent him on his way. It was a complete waste of time and money, and infuriating to me as a parent who is over 1000k miles away. He should not be practicing medicine.
I highly recommend Dr. Bittenbender to anyone needing a dermatologist. He has been my dermatologist for many years and I am more than satisfied with the procedures I have had. Dr. Bittenbender always spends plenty of time with me, answers my questions and does check-ups to make sure I am healing well. He will not do a procedure, in my case, cosmetic, if he does not think it is in my best interests and will harm me. He is a nice man and a great doctor and I am happy that he practices in Lawrence. His staff is very efficient and friendly and his assistants/nurses are very professional . They truly seem to enjoy working there so the office atmosphere is friendly.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
46 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Lee R Bittenbender accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUs Deramatology Partners Of Lawrence, 930 Iowa St Ste 4, Lawrence, KS
Dr. Lee R Bittenbender is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lawrence, KS.