Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Maurice L Blackburn Jr
Dr. Maurice L Blackburn Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mechanicsville, VA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine, Sports Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Blackburn is affiliated with Memorial Regional Medical Center, Henrico Doctors Hospital-Forest and VCU Medical Center (Main Hospital). Dr. Blackburn has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Maurice L Blackburn Jr has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Review is not a reflection on Dr Blackburn but on the office and how it is run and its staff. THE ABSOLUTE WORST. YOU NOT OLNLY WAIT AN HOUR TO MAKE AN APPT. THAT APPT YOU MAKE CAN VERY WELL NOT BE DOCUMENTED AND YOU GO AND HEAR OTHERWISE. OR WHEN YOU GO YOU WILL WAIT MAYBE 2 HOURS OR MORE. PREPARE TO SPEND MOST OF YOUR DAY! NO COURTESY OR PERSONALITY WITH STAFF, RUDE AND DISCONNECTED. DO NOT LIKE THIS PLACE. HORRIBLE!
Doctor is ok, wait time is outrageous, shortest wait was 1 hour 10 min. Last visit was 1 hour 3o minutes. Other than the frustration of waiting in a claustrophobic boxlike room with no air, doc is ok. Visit with Dr quick, wait is ridiculous. They should be charged for the wait, I bet they then would schedule better and lessen the wait time. Very frustrating. Staff lacking in competence as well. 2 times scheduled apt on card for mom one thing to get there and she is on the book for another month. Filled out update papers 3 times in 2 months due to them not know what happened to them.
Dr. Blackburn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Maurice L Blackburn Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsHanover Family Physicians, 9376 Atlee Station Rd, Mechanicsville, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Maurice L Blackburn Jr in this video.
Dr. Maurice L Blackburn Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mechanicsville, VA.