Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lee D Weiss has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Lee D Weiss has the following 12 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Dr. Lee D Weiss has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 43
I like this doctor because it's easy to get in, get out, and get what you need. He packs as many appointments into his hour as he can - 5 minutes and you're in and out, if possible. If you're an established patient and know what you need, this is fine. But if you're looking for a careful diagnosis and/or someone to talk to, this is NOT the doctor you want. He's very easygoing, but don't expect him to spend a lot of time talking to you. Our usual conversation goes something like, "So how are things at home? What do you do for a living again? What do you need? OK, see you in 2/3/6 months." I've heard it said that he's a "pill doctor" - you tell him what you want, and he'll prescribe it, as long as you can pay. This hasn't been my personal experience, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were the case.
This guy is a drug pusher. Did not deal with my sons issues just eagerly prescibed higher doses of Valium and Ambien until you aren't functioning normal - all for a little college student anxiety. Was told my other doctors that no one should be taking that combination of drugs. Got my son hooked and it was difficult breaking loose. Once off these meds - no problem. He also is horrible with diagnosing. Kept just making suggestions like "maybe you're bi-polar" when it was the meds doing it all along. Waste of time and money. How is he allowed to practice?
Went to him for a second opinion and said all my meds are a good idea, but some should be increased. On my first visit he pulled out his pad in 15 minutes. Seems to have experience in what he's doing and not afraid to prescribe higher doses of controlled meds, doesn't treat you like a benzo seeker so I would recommend him for anxiety.
he is destroying a few people i know by over prescribing dangerous drugs,you can tell looking at my friends how tweaked out they are from these drugs only a total hack would continue feeding them to these people,a truly selfish uncaring arragant immoral fool...refuses to acknowledge obvious mistakes grabs pad within several minutes, if your looking for uppers and downers he's your man
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
48 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Lee D Weiss accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lee D Weiss is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Downers Grove, IL.