Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lee Goscin
Dr. Lee Goscin, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in McAlester, OK. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Goscin is affiliated with Morton Plant Hospital, Largo Medical Center and Muskogee Regional Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Lee Goscin has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lee Goscin has the following 14 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Gland Issues
- Thyroid Diseases
Dr. Lee Goscin has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
Lee Goscin is amazingly smart. She knows the thyroid in and out. She's open to moving beyond just synthroid. She will take alot of time with you - no 5 minute visits for her! She really cares and wants to know about you as a person, which helps her treat you better. One of the best doctors I've ever had.
If you have her as your Endocrinologist, always get a second opinion. She is very loud (she wears a hearing aid) and will shout at you so I felt I had no privacy when discussing my medical plan her loud voice is heard throughout the nurses station and in other offices. I could hear her talking to her other patients in the next office.As far as medical care, she told me I had a tumor in my lung and that I need radiation treatment. Turns out the nodule in my lung was NOT a tumor!
I cannot praise this doctor-I am in the medical field, found her to be off the wall, she does not follow standard protocols which is why she wants every patient to sign a waiver that they will not sue her if something goes wrong. She made medication errors, and she diagnosed me incorrectly causing me pain and suffering.
Dr. Goscin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Morton Plant Hospital
Largo Medical Center
Muskogee Regional Medical Center
Imperial Point Med Center
Broward General Medical Center
Healthsouth Rehabilitation Hospital
Sun Coast Hospital
Sharon Regional Health Systems
28 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Lee Goscin accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Locations & DirectionsKidzchoice PC, 101 Oklahoma Ave, McAlester, OK
Dr. Lee Goscin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near McAlester, OK.