Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lee Hanuschak
Dr. Lee Hanuschak, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ardmore, PA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hanuschak is affiliated with Pennsylvania Hospital, Graduate Hospital and University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian. He speaks English.
Dr. Lee Hanuschak has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 9
Long waits, over one hour. Little time spent with me and seemed confused about my records and questions. Had to call 3 times before getting a callback for appt, then waited in office where there was no staff and two of us waiting there helped an elderly man brought in on a stretcher while doctor was in office with a patient. Secretary was not present for the time I was in waiting area (2 hours - I arrived early) and so we helped the elderly man.
He seemed generally apathetic about my health concerns, and was actually a bit acerbic when I expressed specific health issues. Also, his office smelled really bad! His receptionist is first-rate, however; and whatever he is paying her, it isn't enough. She was far more concerned, and had a much more pleasant bed-side manner than he. He questioned everything: why I wanted a flu shot?! Why I was stressed about not sleeping well. He is the archetype for arrogant, smug physicians that the western world hopes to lay to rest. Literally! Finally, I had to ask him to wash his hands!
The note that he has been in practice since 1999 is inaccurate; he became my husband's md in the late 1970s while he was still with Theo. Duncan Assocs. and became mine in the late 1990s. He cares, he phones as soon as he gets teest results to talk about them... One time when my husband was very ill he personally got a wheelchair and pushed him down the street to PA Hosp to get him admitted immediately!
Dr. Hanuschak is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
Hospital of the University of PA
36 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Lee Hanuschak accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLee N Hanuschak MD, 149 Whitemarsh Rd, Ardmore, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lee Hanuschak in this video.
Dr. Lee Hanuschak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ardmore, PA.