Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lee K Schwartz has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Eye Exam
- Corneal Transplantation
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Macular Degeneration
- Vision Issues
- Lasik Surgery
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Corneal Diseases
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Pain
Showing 5 of 5
My primary care physicion recommended Dr. Schwartz when it became clear that I needed cataract care and my previous eye doctor was not a specialist in that surgery. He diagnosed the cataracts and responded quickly when they began a rapid period of growth. The options were explained clearly, and the Crystalens option was perfect for me. I recommend him highly.
48 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Jackson Health System
Dr. Lee K Schwartz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lee K Schwartz in this video.
Dr. Lee K Schwartz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.