Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lee A Kaplan
Dr. Lee A Kaplan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Encinitas, CA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology. Dr. Kaplan is affiliated with Scripps Green Hospital, Scripps Memorial Hospital-La Jolla and Scripps Mercy Hospital. Dr. Kaplan has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Lee A Kaplan has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Skin Cancer
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Kaplan for a biopsy of a birthmark. After a normal wait time (~10min), I was seen. The members of his front office were friendly, but busy. When I met with Dr. Kaplan, himself, I was put at ease by his good bedside manner and friendly demeanor. He talked me through the steps of the biopsy while he was preforming it, and it was over before I knew it. After the tests/analysis was run, I was called for a follow-up appointment, and when I came in, was given a thorough run-though of the results; the explanation was clear and very detailed. I would recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Kaplan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Lee A Kaplan accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsScripps Clinic, 310 Santa Fe Dr Ste 202, Encinitas, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lee A Kaplan in this video.
Dr. Lee A Kaplan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Encinitas, CA.