Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lee A Larcade has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
He was an arrogant jerk! He spent the whole time talking and lecturing me. I told him I had no insurance and not much money. I wasted $240 on this jerk. He insulted me, bored me, made me mad as fire, took my money with no thought of how bad he upset me, and went on with his life. I wish I could get my money back, but they won't respond to my calls.
Unfortunately, my husband has seen many psychiatrists in his lifetime. Dr. Larcade is by far the most well rounded and accurately diagnosing doctor my husband has had to date. Dr. Larcade is very knowledgeable on what drug combos work well together and is cautious about what drugs he prescribes. He combines behavioral therapy with meds, creating a successful treatment. Its refreshing to have a doctor not rely completely on meds to treat the disease. He is also very proactive about following up with his patients when adding/reducing meds. In a nutshell, Dr. Larcade really seems to care about his patients. He has been great about accommodating emergency phone calls and appointments. He really tries to get to the root of the problem to more accurately diagnose the patient. We feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Larcade!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
31 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Duke University Medical Center
Locations & DirectionsLarcade Psychiatric Associates, 2626 Glenwood Ave Ste 140, Raleigh, NC
Dr. Lee A Larcade is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Raleigh, NC.