Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lee McNamara
Dr. Lee McNamara, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Omaha, NE. He has 55 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. McNamara is affiliated with Allegent Health Community Memorial, Alegent Health Memorial Hospital and Alegent Immanuel Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Lee McNamara has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Lee McNamara has the following 1 expertise
- Headache Disorders
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. McNamara will only give a 6 month prescription for birth control, and you have to come back and get another pelvic for a renewal. I'm a healthy woman in my 20's with no prior health issues, so there is no reason for this. The nurse couldn't explain why Dr. McNamara requires the extra pelvics, except that "I think he checks your cervix? I don't really know. He's old school and just does things the way he's always done them." On my last visit, I waited in the exam room for over an hour without the doctor ever coming in. When I got dressed and went out to the reception area to tell them that I had been waiting for over an hour and had to leave, the girl just shrugged and said, "Okay." I would definitely not recommend Dr. McNamara. The professionalism and courtesy leave much to be desired, and a required pelvic exam every 6 months for healthy women is ridiculous.
Dr. McNamara is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Allegent Health Community Memorial
Alegent Health Memorial Hospital
Alegent Immanuel Medical Center
Alegent Health-Bergan Mercy Medical Ce
Alegent Health Mercy Hospital
The Nebraska Medical Center
Creighton University Medical Center
Alegent Health Lakeside Hospital
St Joseph HospitalCreighton Med Center
Nebraska Medical Center-Clarkson Tower
Nebraska Medical Center-University Tower
St Joseph Hospital/Creighton Med Ctr
Alegent Bergan Mercy Hospital
55 Years Experience
Graduated in 1958
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions2722 S 87th St, Omaha, NE
Dr. Lee McNamara is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Omaha, NE.