Dr. Lee Metchick Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Lee Metchick?

DO NOT GO HERE

Posted on October 27th, 2017

THIS DOCTOR WILL NOT SEE YOU IF YOU INSIST ON SEEING HIM INSTEAD OF HIS PA. I DO NOT KNOW WHY HE EVER BECAME A DOCTOR IF HE ONLY WANTS TO REFER ALL PATIENTS TO HIS P.A. PHOOEY ON HIM. HE IS THE FIRST DOCTOR IN MY ENTIRE LIFE WHO HAS THIS ATTITUDE AND I AM OLD AND HAVE SEEN MANY DOCTORS IN MANY STATES YE GODS THIS IS SO NEW TO ME I CANNOT BELIEVE IT HE HAS PUT ME ON HIS DO NOT SEE LIST AND I SUGGEST THAT ALL OF YOU PUT HIM ON YOUR DO NOT SEE LIST.

Professional and caring

Posted on May 23rd, 2017

Dr Metchick is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and caring. He is very thorough and spends the extra time that others would not. The office staff is also wonderful- i never feel rushed there.

Posted on January 16th, 2017

I have been a Patient for about 8 months and 8 visits and only sat with him once and my appointment was canceled by the receptionist because I didn't have $45 for a appointment I canceled within 24 hour but I had my co-pay but because of a $45 fee the didn't take me and I needed a script that day so I had to go to the ER to get a script.. HORRIBLE

worth the drive!

Posted on May 30th, 2016

Great experience. Dr. Metchick and his staff are friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. They listen and don't over-evaluate. Having had a bad experience with another endocrinologist, i was fearful and distrustful. Dr. Metchick and his staff alleviated my worries and made me feel comfortable and safe. Worth the drive!

KIND, COMPASSIONATE & PATIENT

Posted on December 4th, 2015

It's taken me a while to sit down and write this review, but from seeing what some others have written, this is OBVIOUSLY LONG OVERDUE! Dr. Metchick cared for my Dad for many years, and according to my Dad, THE SUN ROSE AND SET WITH DR. Metchick! Being a Registered Nurse, and having spent my entire career in NYC, my expectations are VERY HIGH!! Rarely have I come across a physician down here in Florida that can even come CLOSE to what I'm used to in New York!! Perhaps that's not a very nice statement, but it's honest! The medical care pales in comparison with what we have up North! After having to move in with my parents (I came to visit for Christmas 2008, and in all good conscience couldn't leave bc they were both SO ill), and not of my own volition; the first few doctors appointments I accompanied my Dad to, I left infuriated, due to the incompetence! When we first went to Dr Metchick(he'd been going for years but it was my first time!) I was both shocked and pleasantly surprised! Here was a REAL DOCTOR!! Oh my!! This guy ACTUALLY KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT!!! HE SEEMED TO CARE ABOUT MY DAD!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? This was probably the third or fourth doc we'd been to and the FIRST to show signs of what I was used to!!! (In full disclosure there would be 2more.) Over the next 2 1/2 years until my Dad's passing, there were MANY visits with Dr. Metchick and Crystal, whom I must add is one of the BEST PA's I've ever met!! Her fund of knowledge is impressive, her bedside manner is incomparable! Also, Karen, another Nurse on staff whom I had many dealings with, bright, educational, and ever so helpful! Toward the end of my Dad's life, his health was poor and I needed a lot of assistance from Dr. Metchick and sometimes Crystal. Crystal always called me back, and I felt she always had my Dad's back! When I needed the Dr, he then would call, explain exactly what to do and how...and for that I will ALWAYS BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!! After my Dad passed away, my Mother and I even received a sympathy card from Dr. Metchick and his staff...now THAT is truly going ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL!! That's just the kind of PHYSICIAN & MAN he is!

Posted on October 2nd, 2015

Fantastic doctor, PA and staff!

Great Endo

Posted on October 1st, 2015

After seeing some of the negative reviews I just had to weigh in with an alternative view that lacks any bias. I am a male pharmaceutical rep and have called on and have known Dr Metchick professionally for over 10 years. He has never spoken or was paid by our company yet he has always welcomed me and my team into his offices without hesitation. As far as female reps, I have never seen him be anything but professional in his dealings with them and I see him about 25 times a year. He takes care of his patients like they were family. Sometimes scheduling goes longer than planned and he can't see you right away. But he is tending to his patients if they need addional time as he would do for you if your health was at risk. As far as missed appointments, by not informing staff that you can't be there, you are taking time away from patients awaiting openings to come up so they can get in to see Dr Metchick or Crystal. Almost all offices in Volusia county have missed appointment charges And by the way, Crystal Mead has years of experience as a Cardiovascular and Endocrinology Physician Asst

Posted on September 30th, 2015

Dr. Metchick is the type of doctor that seems to have gone by the wayside. Dr. Metchick has been my endocrinologist for appox. three years now and I always leave feeling that I am the only patient in his office. His demeanor and bed side manner is calm, caring positive and personal. I went in to get 4 biopsy's done on my neck and was a nervous wreck, by the time I was laying down ready to get the biopsy, the doctor and nurse had me laughing out loud. He is extremely intelligent, compassionate and caring, Dr. Metchick has my total loyalty as a patient and I would recommend him to anyone that needs a great doctor that takes time to listen, problem solve, is quick and efficient and really cares about you as a patient.

GREAT ENDOCRINOLOGIST!

Posted on September 28th, 2015

I have been going to Metchick for over 10 years. I have had type one diabetes since I was 3 years old, I am now 22. I started seeing him right as i was getting into middle school. I think he is great! He has not only seen me through my teen years with maintaining an ok but higher A1C (around a 8), but also saw me through a pregnancy. I have a 3 week old baby and Metchick made sure to see me once a week, himself (no physician assistants) because I was pregnant. He also gave me his personal cell phone number in case I had any questions and I texted him multiple times about my sugars and I always got a response. I had my baby labor day weekend and he still responded to my texts even though he was out of town. My A1C when I was pregnant stayed around a 6 or below thanks to his constant monitoring. The staff is always so friendly and they seem to always have the answers to my questions and get back to me the same day. I have never had a problem with money or him over charging me but that is probably because I cancel my appointments with plenty of notice. Plenty of offices charge fees for missed appointments it is just like if your late on a bill you get charged late fees. I think that is pretty understandable because your are taking time away from him and other patients that could have been seen. I would recommend him to anyone he has never done me wrong in anyway in over 10 years!

Posted on September 24th, 2015

Avoid this Bad doctor! He is money driven and an egomaniac. Watching his staff tip toe around him is uncomfortable. Watching him show off for pretty young pharmaceutical reps is like a Saturday night live skit, he's not real smooth,lol.He is all about volume of visits. Physicians Assistants seeing the majority of patients.He only writes for medications in which the pharmaceutical company PAYS him to be a speaker.He gives out your personal information for studies without your knowledge or permission.Office staff is unavailable when trying to contact them, yet they charge many many patients fees for rescheduling less than 24 hours before appointment. Even though they were unavailable and don't return messages. I have NEVER heard of an office dropping or releasing so many patients! My other doctors are also shocked by this. There aren't many options for endocrinologists in the Lake Mary Area so even being so bad he gets lots of patients by default. Do yourself a favor and drive a little distance and have a specialist in Endocrinology take care of your health. Unless you want to go see A physicians assistant most visits and a rude ,arrogant unprofessional Bad Doctor once a year? Do yourself a favor and go else ware.I promise at some point he will offend you, talk down to you, try and charge you an outrageous unwarranted fee and then drop you as a patient. Not just my experience but that of many. Stay away!

Posted on June 25th, 2015

Dr Lee after going for more than a year I have only seen once ! The staff is very nice and friendly ! Had to cancel withing their 24 hour period because of a migraine headache I had woke up with ...the continued to charge me a $30. 00 canceling fee ,but I am sorry if I knew that I was going to have a migraine and throwing up 24 hrs in advance I would have done this .They told me to write him a letter and then informed me that he blatantly said no . What the heck are wrong with Drs today ..they only care about their selves not about human beings .So be aware does he think I only have diabetes as a disease ...well I don't . I have all kinds of health problems ....don't say I didn't warn you . He is a very inconsiderate doctor if you ask me ,went there a year or longer and only seen the man once !! I would not recommend him to a dog ...sorry

Neglectful, abusive, and incompetent MD!

Posted on April 30th, 2015

I saw Dr. Metchick for post-thyroidectomy (due to thyroid cancer) management of hormone replacement. This physician has a severe "God-complex" and is not interested in anything the patient has to say. Dr. Metchick is not only extremely rude, but also incredibly incompetent (ie-he insisted that long term hypothyroidism could in no way contribute to mood instability). I am now 1 year out from thyroidectomy and my TSH is 11 thanks to his completely ignoring my presenting symptoms and insisting that I not be seen or have blood work more than once every 3 months. When I then presented with well documented metabolically induced mood instability, he first ignored me for 3 days after his PA called him concerned about my condition. When he did call, he yelled at me for 20 minutes about my behavior being innapropriate. when I explained that I could not control myself as a result of my hypothyroidism (which was confirmed by my long time therapist) and that I was scared and needed help, he continued to yell at me insisting that there was no possible connection between my mood instability (which wasn't present pre-thyroidectomy and immediately vanished with T3 therapy), and my thyroid levels. Obviously, the link between the 2 is well documented in the peer reviewed literature. He then discharged me from his practice in the midst of this crisis. Dr. Metchick placed not only myself but also my family in danger as a result of his negligence and incompetence. Do not allow this physician to abuse and neglect you, go elsewhere for your care!