Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lee R Schachter has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Prostate Cancer
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Cancer
- Kidney Cancer (Renal Cell Carcinoma)
- Kidney Stones
- Urologic Emergencies
Showing 5 of 30
I am writing this because there is so little information about doctors out there. A routine robotic prostatectomy, resulted in a 9 day hospital stay with urine leaking into my abdomen. A year later, a blood test revealed a high level of creatin. It was discovered that in the operation the doctor had sewn my ureter to the bladder which caused a total blockage. The blockage resulted in my kidney being compromised and barely functioning. Reimplanting the ureter would not improve the loss of kidney function. I elected to have my kidney removed and my health has vastly improved. No chance of a blockage was ever discussed by the doctor. His bedside manner and compassion is one of the worst I have ever experienced. Lesson learned, always seek out a second or third opinion.
Dr. Schachter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1999
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Lee R Schachter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUrological Health Specialists, 1235 Old York Rd Ste 210, Abington, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lee R Schachter in this video.
Dr. Lee R Schachter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Abington, PA.