Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lee W Shershow has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 6
I owe a lot to Dr Shershow. He is very real and over the years has created a bond that helped assure me that I am after all a good person and I don't have a personality disorder! He helped me get through a really rough time - dealing with family of origin problems - and getting out the other side of woe at long last. He was always and repetitively willing to talk about possible diagnoses at my request and listen - remember what I'd said before and offer ideas and reactions. I'm very grateful to this man and continue to see him a couple of times a year or more as problems come up. I have chronic depression - he doesn't push my meds, nor is he keen on them but knows I can slip a lot without them. I loved all the scientific information he reads up on and shares with me about brain research. I am relieved that I don't have a personality disorder because I know some who do and are always blaming someone or another for their problems and can be amazingly hostile and manipulative. I thought I might because I felt so bad and self-absorbed and couldn't seem to break out of it. Now my life is truly good and he clearly contributed to my healing
51 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1967
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Lee W Shershow accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Summit
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence MyChoice NW
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lee W Shershow is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.