Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Lee Surkin
Lee Surkin, MD,, FACC,, FASNC,, FCCP is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, NC. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Internal Medicine and Sleep Medicine. Lee Surkin is affiliated with Washington County Hospital, Vidant Medical Center and BERTIE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL.
Lee Surkin has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Nutritional Support
- Sleep Disorders
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
This physician turned my life around. I came to him suffering with an uncontrolled arrhythmia and he was able to treat is successfully and I am feeling so much better. He found out that improving my sleep (he figured out I had sleep apnea that was worsening my heart condition) along wit adjusting my medications and making lifestyle changes would help. And boy did it ever! I appreciate his efforts so much. I would recommend him to anyone
My wife made the doc apt. Because of my snoring, she hasn't slept in years. I had my sleep study done at Carolina Sleep. Great place, clean and big comfy bed with tv, life a really nice hotel. After the study and another apt I got treatment and we are both sleeping. I never realized how dangerous snoring actually was.
Surkin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
BERTIE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Pitt County Memorial Hospital
26 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Yale University School Of Medicine
Lee Surkin accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCarolina Clinic for Health & Wellness, 2459 Emerald Place, Greenville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Lee Surkin in this video.
Lee Surkin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, NC.