Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lee L Swanstrom has the following 1 specialty
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Showing 5 of 10
had herina surgey and he corrected previous surgey mishap and complications from entangle organs and mesh that another surgeon did about a year earlier. he did a wonderful job i felt immediate relief that day , also conducted my over 50 colon check , he was a great doctor surgeon. this was approx. 18 yrs ago
For 10 years I suffered from GERD and it was getting very serious. From the time I made contact with Dr Swanstrom he made me feel that he had full understanding of the problem and that it would be solved. In 2000 he performed the Nissen Fundiplication, I went home in 22 hours and being careful I had no problems and could once again eat almost everything I did before. His staff and nurses were fantastic and continue to be. In 2010 he had to tighten the "wrap" and again everything went like clock work....No pain and comfort from the nurses. His medical assistant always answers any question and I appreciate all that they do.
I had an Enterra week-long trial gastric pacemaker from this surgeon. Had such bad electrical shocks the whole week that the device could never be turned up to what the nurse described as meaningful levels. I was never told that the reason for this was that the electrode was disconnected. I only discovered it by accident several months later. While reviewing medical records when I went on total disability, I discovered that my surgeon's nurse had written to him on the first day of implant trial stating that she feared a lead had come undone; he signed her note showing he'd read it; and he confirmed the electrode disconnection in my medical record when he took the device out a week later. BUT HE NEVER TOLD ME THIS. And he did nothing during the week to fix the disconnected lead. He didn't even talk to me about the test when he took the device out. He had me sedated before he said hi and was gone before I woke, and I had to put myself on a long waiting list to get a face-to-face meeting, at which time he told me the pacer just didn't work out for me. I think it's unconscionable that a doctor would not pass such important information to his patient, and would instead stand by and do nothing while his patient was electrically shocked. I've been treated by this surgeon since an operation I had in the 1990s. My family and I have been continually frustrated by procedures not occurring on time, the doctor not speaking with us before/after procedures, and generally not being responsive to complications (e.g., another doc in his office having to yell at him on the phone in front of us before he'd help me when I couldn't swallow for several weeks after my initial surgery.)I don't take public ratings lightly, and don't give bad grades easily. But this one was earned.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2017)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
35 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Legacy Health System
Dr. Lee L Swanstrom accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR CommunityCare
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence MyChoice NW
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsProvidence Portland Medical Center, 4805 NE Glisan St, Portland, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lee L Swanstrom in this video.
Dr. Lee L Swanstrom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.