Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Lee W Tempel has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Movement Disorders
- Migraine Disorder
- Essential Tremor
- Parkinsonian Disorders
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Parkinson Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Showing 5 of 34
This review is from when Dr Lee Tempel was part of Mercy Clinic Neorology: Dr Tempel is great. Very patient, very thorough and not rushing to recommend DBS right away. He listens very attentively so he knows where to adjust medication for the most effective outcome. His personal assistant for many years, Cindy, has always been very responsive. If she does not have an answer, she will contact the patient with the update that she is working on getting your question answered. The front window staff member is abrupt and seems to not care about the patient (the customer, who pays her salary. If you are 10-15 minutes late, you have to reschedule, but if they have overbooked Dr. Tempel I have waited for 2-3 hours on more than one occasion. The staff goes home for the day and you are there with Dr. Tempel and the janitor.
We are also disappointed that Dr. Tempel is no longer available at the Mercy Neur. Clinic. He is very hands on in his approach, spends as much time as necessary with his patients, exploring ALL their Parkinson,s issues, then outlines a detailed treatment plan for you. He will also see you more often (every 2-3 months) if needed. You have to wait longer than normal at his office, but the wait is worth it.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
37 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. Lee W Tempel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLee W Tempel Md, 11628 Old Ballas Rd Ste 106, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Lee W Tempel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.