Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leena Sayedy MD
Dr. Leena Sayedy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Woodbury, NY, with other offices in New Hyde Park, NY and Woodbury, NY . She has 13 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. She speaks English.
Dr. Leena Sayedy has 3 locations
43 Crossways Park Dr W
Woodbury, NY 11797
43 Crossways Park Dr W
Woodbury, NY 11797
Book Online Now
Dr. Leena Sayedy has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Leena Sayedy has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Dr. Leena Sayedy is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leena Sayedy - Posted on August 11th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leena Sayedy - Posted on April 6th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leena Sayedy - Posted on January 21st, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Leena Sayedy - Posted on February 3rd, 2010
I am not too keen on visiting doctors. In fact I really hate it!! When my family doctor advised me to see a gastroenterologist, I was not looking forward to it. After our first consultation Dr. Sayedy made me feel so at ease and genuinely hopeful. She is highly knowledgeable in her field. I would definitely recommend her to anyone!
13 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Leena Sayedy Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
More about Dr. Leena Sayedy
I love the feeling that I'm making a difference in someone else's life. My philosophy of care is patient-centered. I believe in partnering with my patients and their families, welcoming their involvement and treating the whole person. Patients deserve to be treated with kindness, compassion and excellence.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Leena Sayedy is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Woodbury, NY.