Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leena Sharan
Dr. Leena Sharan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX, with other offices in Plano, TX and Allen, TX . She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sharan is affiliated with Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle, Medical Center Of Plano and Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas. She speaks English.
Dr. Leena Sharan has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Leena Sharan has the following 5 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Leena Sharan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Leena Sharan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
She is very thorough & knows what she is doing but has a big problem sharing what information with her patient. Calls are not returned, and I don't mean once; it happened over & over even after I complained. I don't know if that's her fault or her assistant's fault but I changed cardiologist because of this.
I scheduled an apt for an echocardiogram for 3:30. One of her staff members called me that AM and asked if I could move the apt to 2:00. I was not able to do so and did not call. When I arrived at 3:30 someone else had been moved to my spot and I no longer had an appt. THEY DID NOT EVEN BOTHER TO CALL ME!!! The next month I had an appt with Dr. Sharan for 1:15. I explained that I had already filled out all of the necessary paperwork. When I arrived, I found a full waiting room and was informed that my appt was not scheduled until 1:45. The extra 30 min that I would have to wait was to fill out paperwork again. When I asked for a copy of the forms they were the same ones that I had previously filled out.
Dr. Sharan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle
Medical Center Of Plano
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Of Dallas
Harris Methodist - Springwood
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth
Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton
Harris Continued Care Hospital
Harris Methodist H E B
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen
Baylor Regional Med Center of Plano
Frisco Medical Center AN Affiliate of Baylor
Baylor Regional at Plano
Texas Health Plano
Texas Health Allen
20 Years Experience
Pramukhswami Medical College
Graduated in 1993
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leena Sharan in this video.
Dr. Leena Sharan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.