Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lefferage K Robbins Jr
Dr. Lefferage K Robbins Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Birmingham, AL, with another office in Pinson, AL. He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Robbins is affiliated with St Vincents East. He speaks English.
Dr. Lefferage K Robbins Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
Dr. Robbins has been our family doctor since shortly after he came to Birmingham. He has treated two of our elderly parents, my husband and me, our son and several of our friends we have referred to him. If he is unable to sucessfully treat an illness or problem, he quickly refers you to a specialist and gets you in to see them. He is honest in his assessments and never makes you feel like you are just another patient on an assembly line!
I first used Dr. Robbins when he was a Hospitalist at a local hospital. I was thrilled to learn that he had gone into private practice and I quickly transferred my records to his office. Dr. Robbins is a wonderful doctor. He has a great bedside manner. He is very knowledgable, professional, and does not rush you through his office. He takes to time to listen to you, exam you and review your care with you. I've referred several of my friends to Dr. Robbins and we've all be very happy with the care we have received by him and his staff.
Dr. Robbins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Lefferage K Robbins Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Lefferage K Robbins Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.