Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leigh A Solomon
Dr. Leigh A Solomon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grosse Pointe Woods, MI. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology, Gynecologic Oncology and Gynecology. Dr. Solomon is affiliated with Karmanos Cancer Institute - Wertz Clinical Cancer Center. Dr. Solomon has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Leigh A Solomon has the following 3 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
Dr. Leigh A Solomon has the following 3 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Leigh A Solomon has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Leigh A Solomon is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Leigh Solomon: while she's only been practicing for under 10 years... she's incredibly laid back/calm. I feel she was almost flat and emotionless at times. Her bedside manner is lacking. Although, she did a good job on my surgery, but upon seeing her post-op, she was blank again, and didn't want to answer any of my questions. Her typical response was, "It's possible". Regardless, I'm glad my path crossed hers, as I'd still be suffering endlessly. The office staff is amazing.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Solomon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Leigh A Solomon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsVan Eslander Cancer Center, 19229 Mack Ave Ste 39, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leigh A Solomon in this video.
Dr. Leigh A Solomon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grosse Pointe Woods, MI.