Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leila A Kutteh has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Leila A Kutteh has the following 13 expertise
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cancerous Tumor
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Dr. Leila A Kutteh has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
I trust Dr Kutteh with my life. I am 50 years old and was diagnosed with AML (accute lukemia)in May of 2000. I was given 1 week to live without treatment and a 20% survival rate with treatment. I had several barriers that kept popping up during treatment such as; continuous infections,allergic reactions,medicines that would not work,surgeries that could not be done until in remission,zero/low blood counts,no immune system,etc. All of which is more dangerous than the cancer itself. Dr Kutteh not only stuck with me and fought everything as if it was her own life, she helped me to survive. It has been exactly 10 years since my treatment and I am proud to say that I still have my feet planted above ground,not under it. I believe in Dr Kutteh so much, that I strongly recommended that my dad see her for his lung cancer. Although she has given him a very soon and sad ending, I would still recommend her to anyone that I hear that has cancer and has no idea where to go or where to start for dedicated and truthful heath care and guidance. I am proud to say that Dr Kutteh is defiantly one of my living angels.
32 Years Experience
American University Of Beirut
Graduated in 1986
Maryland General Hospital
Dr. Leila A Kutteh accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & DirectionsOncology Associates, 701 10th St SE, Cedar Rapids, IA
Dr. Leila A Kutteh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cedar Rapids, IA.