Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leilani Kaanehe
Dr. Leilani Kaanehe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Honolulu, HI. She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Nephrology. Dr. Kaanehe is affiliated with Pali Momi Medical Center and Kapiolani Medical Center for Women & Children. Dr. Kaanehe has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Leilani Kaanehe has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
She is a lovely person who is caring and seems dedicated and knowlegable. It is such a shame her office is managed so terribly. Plan on waiting an hour or more in dirty old office where forced to sit on hard school like chairs and stare at a television set or other patients. I don't think they are computerized as one sees piles and piles of files like you used to see in the 1970 offices. One time the office staff ignored the fact an elderly patient soiled his pants while waiting in the waiting room for a long time, and I had to go complain that the smell was making the rest of us gag. I dread going to the office, but no choices. We have one million people in Hawaii, probably thousands with kidney problems. But only three doctors who specialize in Kidneys. Once Dr Kaanehe came to the office even though she was sick because she knew if she didn't help people out, they would have to wait months for another appointment.It is a very serious problem we have in Honolulu.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Kaanehe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
University Of Hawaii John A Burns School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
University Of Hawaii
Dr. Leilani Kaanehe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNada Ono Kaanehe And Solomono Llp, 1520 Liliha St Ste 601, Honolulu, HI
Dr. Leilani Kaanehe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.