Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Leilanie C Tuanquin-Gonzalez
Dr. Leilanie C Tuanquin-Gonzalez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Norfolk, VA. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Tuanquin-Gonzalez is affiliated with Sentara Leigh Hospital. Dr. Tuanquin-Gonzalez has received 5 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Leilanie C Tuanquin-Gonzalez has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Leilanie C Tuanquin-Gonzalez has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Leilanie C Tuanquin-Gonzalez is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Tuanquin-Gonzalez is a very friendly, very helpful doctor. With other doctors, I had dreaded my annual physicals and check-ups. But Dr. Tuanqun-Gonzalez's easygoing demeanor and cheerful personality erased that dread. She is a great primary care physician, and her office and staff are very pleasant.
Dr. Tuanquin-Gonzales. was very professional. I felt she was through. This was my 1st visit. My regular Doctor was too busy. I had sever pain in my lower abdomen. Blood tests & urine tests indicated I had a Urinary Infection. She prescribed an antibiotic. I am hoping this choice was correct... More later , after I have finished the medication.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Tuanquin-Gonzalez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Dr. Leilanie C Tuanquin-Gonzalez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSENTARA URGENT CARE, 850 Kempsville Rd, Norfolk, VA
Dr. Leilanie C Tuanquin-Gonzalez is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Norfolk, VA.