Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leisure Yu
Dr. Leisure Yu, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Loma Linda, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery and Internal Medicine. Dr. Yu is affiliated with Loma Linda University Medical Center East Campus. Dr. Yu has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Leisure Yu has the following 3 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Injuries
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I find the doctor very rude, makes you wait long periods of time. Spends little time going over things with you. Never asks if you have any questions. If you refuse to read his prayer card out loud he gets up and leaves the room. I do not appreciate asking if I have Jesus in my heart or trying to force me to read a prayer. That kind of stuff is for church. He makes me very uncomfortable, I think his staff is very rude, if I had a choice he would not be doing my surgery. But this is where I have been sent. I am not looking forward to this surgery simply because he makes me so uncomfortable. Would not recommend him to anyone. Not impressed in the least.
Trained at Harvard's Combined Orthopaedic Program doing residency at Mass General Hospital. Is Board Certified in both Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. Was impressed with wealth of knowledge and compassion. Is doctor to many Olympic athletes and travels and trains with the athletes. Was impressed to be given as an everyday athlete the same care as an Olympian.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Yu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1981
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Leisure Yu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLeisure Yu Md, 10459 Mountain View Ave Ste E, Loma Linda, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leisure Yu in this video.
Dr. Leisure Yu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Loma Linda, CA.