Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leland J Foshag has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Leland J Foshag has the following 11 expertise
- Colorectal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Endocrine Gland Cancer
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Liver Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Breast Cancer
Dr. Leland J Foshag has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Foshag is exceptionally personable, friendly, reassuring, and involved with you as he shares his knowledge of your medical concern in a simple way. He is extremely trustworthy with a warm patient/doctor manner. He is nothing less than the best and we should all consider ourselves very fortunate if he is our doctor.
Dr. Foshag is widely recognized as one of the best surgeons in this region. He's friendly, extremely knowledgeable and highly experienced, and is very unhurried and thorough when answering patient questions. If you have the misfortune to require surgery for a life-threatening condition such as cancer and you live in the Los Angeles area, he is who you want!
I've been a patient of Dr. Foshag's for 10 years now. I was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma at the age of 11, which was almost unheard of in children at the time. A surgeon in San Francisco wanted to use extreme measures that would've led to my inability to walk. Dr. Foshag saved my life, my leg, and my confidence as an 11 year old girl. He has performed three major surgeries on me as well as quite a few minor procedures. I see him every 6 months for follow-up visits, and he never fails to take the time to answer questions and always puts a smile on my face. I would recommend him to anyone.
I've been seeing Dr. Foshag for over 15 years (a few months and surgeries after I was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma). His surgery probably saved my life. Also, he's a great guy and his knowledge base is vast. If I have any cancer issues again, Dr. Foshag will be my first step.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2014, 2015)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
43 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Leland J Foshag accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Angeles Clinic-Ship To, 11818 Wilshire Blvd Ste 200, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leland J Foshag in this video.
Dr. Leland J Foshag is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.