Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leland J Mcelveen
Dr. Leland J Mcelveen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Chapin, SC, with another office in Columbia, SC. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mcelveen is affiliated with Palmetto Health Baptist Medical Center, Kershaw County Medical Center and Providence Hospital Northeast. He speaks English.
Dr. Leland J Mcelveen has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Leland J Mcelveen has the following 12 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Breast Cancer
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
Dr. Leland J Mcelveen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Mcelveen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Leland J Mcelveen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leland J Mcelveen in this video.
Dr. Leland J Mcelveen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chapin, SC.