Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Lina Y Melhem MD
Dr. Lina Y Melhem, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD, with other offices in Bryn Mawr, PA and Baltimore, MD . She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Melhem is affiliated with University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Lina Y Melhem has 3 locations
660 W Redwood St
Baltimore, MD 21201
933 E Haverford Rd
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Dr. Lina Y Melhem has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Lina Y Melhem has the following 10 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Gland Issues
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Dr. Lina Y Melhem is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lina Y Melhem - Posted on December 8th, 2016
One of the worst doctors ever! Took more than 1hr to see us and didn't even apologize or spend enough time. And then never followed up even though she herself said she would. And when you try to call the office, you are put on hold for more thn 30 mins without a response. Horrible patient care, would never recommend her to anyone.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Lina Y Melhem - Posted on May 19th, 2016
Dr. Melhem is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. Lina Y Melhem Accepts the Following Insurance
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Lina Y Melhem, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Baltimore, MD, in this video.
Dr. Lina Y Melhem is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.