Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Leo F Doherty has the following 2 specialties
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Leo F Doherty has the following 8 expertise
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Miscarriage (Recurrent)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- In vitro fertilization or (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injections)
Dr. Leo F Doherty has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Leo F Doherty is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Dr Doherty is simply the best! I saw him initially at IVF NJ in 2013 for a few consults but came back to him in 2015 to start treatment under RMA-NJ and after years of secondary infertility the combination of his smarts and their top notch lab resulted in a successful pregnancy! He is extremely knowledgeable, friendly and patient. Excellent bedside manner and you feel as if he really cares. I saw other doctors there and though they are all highly skilled, he was by far my favorite. I felt like his treatment plans were tailored to me and carefully tweaked based on my response. I also liked that he did not dismiss my input or concerns and we worked together to produce the best outcome. I'll always remember his calls congratulating me on the pregnancy and wishing me well when I graduated to my OB. I cannot say enough great things about him. He helped us get our 2nd child and for that I will always be grateful.
I saw Dr Doherty when he was still at Yale and he was great. I will never forget how bad of an experience I had at another fertility clinic when they tried to perform a HSG on me. They said my uterus was tilted and the test could not be done on me. It was an extremely painful procedure too. Dr Doherty performed the same test on me, I had NO pain whatsoever. I got pregnant naturally a few months later, and that was after 3 failed IUIs and 3 failed IVfs.
I go to the freehold office and i see dr. Doherty and i find him to be the nicest, most caring doctor i have ever met. I feel as if he is the most down to earth doctor. He really has my best interest at heart. He absolutely knows what hes doing when it comes to my cycle treatments. The staff there is also very kind and welcoming.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
12 Years Experience
University Of Massachusetts Medical School
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Leo F Doherty accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsReproductive Medicine Associates Of New Jersey, 81 Veronica Ave, Somerset, NJ
Dr. Leo F Doherty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Somerset, NJ.