Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leo K Edwards Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 29
My health has declined quickly over the last couple years and I have had trouble finding a doctor that would listen. My experience was excellent from setting the appointment through the follow up. The staff was friendly and patient. The doctor actually took the time to listen to the various problems and only interjected to help me understand what all my body is going through. I was not loaded down with prescriptions, only what I really need. Dr. Edwards took the time to find out not only what is going on medically, but was also interested in what else is going on in my life. I just can't express how great I feel about having found the doctor and his staff. Very convenient location with plenty of parking.
My mother is 71 yes old she went to try and get a new antibiotic. Rachel talked so smart to my mother, the staff at this office is horrible. They use to have nice staff working at this office. Looks like they left and got the heck away from that nasty office. There have been several complaints made against this thing Rachel and the other staff all down from Dr Edwards sister is rude and nasty! This whole place needs to be closed down or get a whole new staff and fire every one. That nasty Rachel was smart and slamming doors. Nasty nasty nasty. We are not going to stop here we are filing a complaint with the attorney general office and who ever will listen to us! Don't go here for nothing. !!!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1978
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Dr. Leo K Edwards Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLeo K Edwards Md, 2011 E Houston St Ste 104C, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Leo K Edwards Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.