Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leo Furcht
Dr. Leo Furcht, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Clinical Pathology and Pathology. Dr. Furcht is affiliated with University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview and Fairview University Med Ctr -U, Minneapolis, Mn. He speaks English.
Dr. Leo Furcht has the following 2 specialties
- Clinical Pathology
If you’ve ever provided a urine or blood sample, you’ve worked with a clinical pathologist — you probably just didn’t know it. They work behind the scenes in laboratories to examine bodily fluid specimens and detect substances or diseases. This means they're required to have a comprehensive knowledge of disease and what it looks like under a microscope.
They provide test results to your doctor, who then makes an informed decision about your diagnosis and the best treatment options for you. Without the work of clinical pathologists, doctors technically wouldn’t be able to diagnose patients as accurately as we can today. It's also worth noting that clinical pathologists are different from anatomical pathologists, who analyze tissue taken from a biopsy or entire infected areas as well as whole body parts.
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Dr. Leo Furcht has the following 5 expertise
- Breast Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Malignant Fibrous Tissue Cancer (Fibrosarcoma)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Furcht is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of Minnesota Medical Center, Fairview
Fairview University Med Ctr -U, Minneapolis, Mn
41 Years Experience
Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Graduated in 1972
Fairview University Medical Center
Dr. Leo Furcht accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Minnesota Medical Center, 420 Delaware St SE, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. Leo Furcht is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.