Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Leo Lagasse
Dr. Leo Lagasse, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 54 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology. Dr. Lagasse is affiliated with Community Memorial Hospital of San Buenaventura, Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Roscoe Boulevard Campus and St. John's Hospital & Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Leo Lagasse has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Carcinoma in Situ
- Female Genital Cancer
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pelvic Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Uterine Cancer (Uterine Cervical Neoplasm)
- Vaginal Cancer
- Vulvar Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Lagasse is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Community Memorial Hospital of San Buenaventura
Northridge Hospital Medical Center, Roscoe Boulevard Campus
St. John's Hospital & Health Center
California Hospital Medical Center
St. John's Regional Medical Center
UCLA Medical Center
Centinela Hospital Medical Center
Long Beach Memorial Hospital
Queen of Angels Hollywood Presbyterian Med Center
Hollywood Presbyterian M.C.
54 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1959
Dr. Leo Lagasse accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions8635 W 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Leo Lagasse is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.