Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leon A Cohen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Leon A Cohen has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Leon A Cohen has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 40
I have been seeing Dr. Cohen and Nancy the Nurse Practitioner for over a year now, and really like how he does a lot of test and procedures that any other doctor would have to refer you to someone else to do. Like x-ray, bone density test, all kinds of blood work, stress test, you name it they do it. Which is why I believe there wait time is long. I don't think people realize if they went somewhere else and need another test done the doctor is going to have to refer you somewhere else which is going to take more time and money. And the reason why I think a lot of people are leaving bad reviews is because they cant pull one over on Dr. Cohen. For Example he Drug test you every month if you are getting a controlled substance, and I am very glad he does that because it keeps the people out of there that all they want is drugs. So I believe if he was so money hungry like people say. Why would he be drug testing people. If he was in it for the money he would right you what you want and be gone. Great Doctor
I was warned prior to booking an apt and when I got to the office...they triple book you will ALWAYS have a 3plus hr wait...it was 3hrs 15 min for my son's physical and it wasn't even thorough. The area where you put the urine sample...dirty.....there was a rusted metal pan directly below the surgical utensils, the place was dirty and smelled....1 visit is enough I will not take my children there
THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOU JUST GETTING YOU BACK WEEK AFTER WEEK FOR APPT AND THE 3 TO 4 HOUR WAIT IS INSANE PLUS DONT ASK ANYTHING HE WILL WALK OUT ON YOU HE NEEDS TO RETIRE
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Leon A Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsIsland Medical Center, 375 S Courtenay Pkwy Ste 1, Merritt Island, FL
Dr. Leon A Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Merritt Island, FL.