Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Leon M Bernstein has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Leon M Bernstein has the following 14 expertise
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
Dr. Leon M Bernstein is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
This dr is unprofessional. He is nasty and favors insurance companies over patient care. He is very unprofessional with comparing his own injuries to yours. Told me if I see another dr he would not treat me. I could not believe how he spoke to me. He in around about way told me I wanted pain drugs (that I never asked for) and old me he would send me to pain management ( that I never asked for) I was in a horrible car accident and wanted to treat me with Tylenol . I requested my records and will go to another dr that cares about me and not the insurance companies. I prob got an appointment so quick because he has no patients.
Dr. Bernstein is one of the best Orthopedic doctors I have ever gone to. He is very knowledgeable and takes time to explain the condition. He treated me for the elbow fracture and my knee problem. Both the times, his diagnosis was correct. Moreover, there is a convenience of having X-rays and getting its results right away in his office. He also explains and shows you your diagnosis if revealed on the X-ray. Above all, he sincerely cares for his patients. His entire staff is very polite and courteous. Yes the waiting time is little longer than the usual but to see a good doctor like him, I don't mind waiting that long.
Let me see..... I think I would rather wait for a good doctore than not wait for a bad one. And that is usually what happens anyway.I just back from Dr. Bersteins office for the 3rd visit. he reviewed the MRI's thoroughly and matched up the report. Then added his expert opinion. I am a very concerned 50 year old male, not ready to succumb to body aches. But I completely agreed as he explained the MRI's to me. First rate bed side manner and worth every minute of the long wait.
I can't rate this doctor for his results in solving my injury since I never saw him. I scheduled an appointment and had to wait an hour and a half to just be placed in a room. Then, he was still busy with other patients. There was no gaurentee that I would see him any time soon. I had to leave. I don't think that the wait time reflects well on the doctor. Save your time and go to someone else!
47 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsLeon M Bernstein Md, 7605 113th St Ste M1, Forest Hills, NY
Dr. Leon M Bernstein is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Forest Hills, NY.