Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Leon M Brostoff has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Leon M Brostoff has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Leon M Brostoff has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Leon M Brostoff is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 12
Dr Brostoff has been our choldrens doctor for > 10 years. He diagnosed one of my children with an illness - early - and saved her much additional testing and uncertainty by getting the diagnosis correct - early. He is very methodical, well-educated, and has the best manner and approach with children of any dr. we've seen in our lives. If you are in the area where he practices, i can say there is noone else better suited to treat your children and be mindful of their health as they gro into adults.
We have 3 daughters and they have all gone here to see Dr Brostoff He knew early on when our one daughter showed signs of Crohns disease - and he was 100% correct. He is patient, friendly, not an alarmist, and a very logical and measured pediatrician. We had been to a few others before him but have never left once we found him over 10 years ago.
He looks a bit shaggy but he is quick and any time we had questions he answered them quickly and when he saw something before we would ask he would say something. he isn't an in and out kind of guy he is there to explain everything he showed us his charts and how my son was improving. The staff were great though there was one nurse i didn't prefer. i moved to another state otherwise i would still be going to him. i dealt with the other doctors as well when i was in the hospital.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Ucsf Medical Center
Dr. Leon M Brostoff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- UPMC Partner Network Plans
- UPMC Premium Network Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsChildrens Community Pediatrics, 2790 Mosside Blvd Ste 700, Monroeville, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Leon M Brostoff, MD - Pediatrics in Monroeville, PA, in this video.
Dr. Leon M Brostoff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monroeville, PA.